About the job
- Responsible of the satisfactory functioning of the animation department, you will offer a technical support to the animators on a daily basis.
- Check on animation work in progress. Reporting all problems occurring at this stage of production.
- Checking of “pre-anim” elements from rig.
- Responsible for all “post-anim” elements for the following departments: animation fixing, CFX, VFX, lighting, editing.
- Supervise the technical animation department.
- Offering solutions to improve the process on challenging shots, to streamline the animation pipe.
- Listen and analyze the requests of directors, animation directors and lead animators regarding rig alterations, issues on complex shots and development requests.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of Shotgun
- Experience in character animation / CFX / Fixing
- Thorough understanding of rig and setup
- Full Mastery of the animation films’ pipeline
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience as team supervisor
- French and conversational English knowledge is required
- Must communicate well and be able to take notes and direction
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Available or willing to relocate to Paris (remote work unavailable)
- Our preference is for European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. Because the process of obtaining a visa is so complex and timeconsuming, foreign candidates with a significative experience will be the only ones considered, for a selection of senior jobs.
Illumination Studios Paris is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.